Color theory in spinning
This workshop will focus on how the color choices a spinner makes prior to sitting at the wheel influence the final outcome of color in their projects. It will help you as a fiber artist achieve the color combinations you want rather than making mud. Fiber preparation choices will be discussed and then techniques for spinning color will be the main focus..
What you need to know before taking the workshop:
- how to spin a continuous yarn on a wheel
- how to ply from 2 bobbins.
You'll leaving know how:
- the color of the fiber you use influences the final yarn’s color in knitted fabric
- to plan for desired color outcomes prior to spinning
- to create pleasing color palettes that work for your desired end uses