Fiber prep: Carding & Combing
This workshop aims to teach spinners how to prepare fiber both from a clean fleece and commercially dyed wool to create fiber that is a dream to spin. Different fibers will be used so students can see how the fiber and its preparation can influence the final yarn.
What you need to know before taking the workshop:
- how to spin a continuous yarn on a wheel
- how to ply from 2 bobbins.
You'll leaving know how to:
- use hand carders to prepare fiber
- use hand combs to prepare fiber
- select drafting techniques that work best with the way the fibers are prepared
2 days but can be shortened to 1 and focus on either carding or combing