How to copy a commercial yarn with handspun
This workshop will have students analyze the properties of a commercial yarn they want to copy, break down the yarn’s characteristics, and then try to copy these qualities in their own yarn.
What you need to know before taking the workshop:
- how to spin a continuous yarn on a wheel
- how to ply from 2 bobbins.
You'll leaving know how to:
- understand what variables went into constructing commercial yarns
- understand how to analyze those variables
- recreate a commercial yarn using your spinning wheel
- make a yarn that can be used with commercial patterns