Planning & spinning for a project
Now that your spinning skills are beyond the beginning stage you might be curious if you can spin yarn for a specific project. This workshop will focus on picking a project and how to spin the desired yarn for it. Fiber choices will be analyzed, drafting, spinning, and plying techniques will also be discussed to help you achieve the yarn you want. How to calculate the amount of fiber needed will also be addressed.
What you need to know before taking the workshop:
- how to spin a continuous yarn on a wheel
- how to ply from 2 bobbins.
You'll leaving know how to:
- select the right fiber for a project
- select a drafting style suited for the yarns’ end use
- create and match a control yarn
- match a commercially spun yarn
- swatch and estimate fiber amount needed for a project
full day but can be lengthened to 2 days